Submit a Recipe
Do you have a scrumptious recipe you’d like to share? You’ve reached the right place on our website to submit it. If you’re interested in writing a post that’s not a recipe, click here. Jump to beneath the submission form for general guidelines.
Submit a Recipe
These are some general guidelines regarding writing a post here. These also apply to recipes. If you have a question that’s not answered here, please check in the community forums, and if you don’t see an answer, pose your question there.
- We don’t accept content that is pornographic, promotes hate, violence, or discrimination, or links to known spam or scam sites.
- We have the right to refuse to publish a post for any reason. However, we will sometimes publish items with which we don’t agree; the opinions of guest posters don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of this website’s admin.
- Will will likely share your post on our social media. However, in some cases, we may choose to not do so.
- You may place your own affiliate links in a guest post. However, if you do so you MUST mark them as “nofollow” and “sponsored.” If you do NOT know how to do this, we may do so before we publish it.
- If you place ANY affiliate links in your post, you MUST place a blurb near the beginning of your post disclosing that there are links for which you may be compensated.
- We don’t accept guest posts that are purely advertising or promotional — if your post is promotional, please contact us to inquire about sponsored posts.
- Do we accept “dofollow” links? I know that’s the top question we’ll get asked in emails. And the answer is “it depends.” Our opinion is that links should be related to the topic and support it in some way. So, here’s a general guideline:
- In most cases, we will nofollow homepage links.
- If you link points to an article that supports the topic, we’ll allow it to be dofollow.
- Products are a murky area. If you’re writing about terrific octopus decor for your home and you’re linking to a product for a company with which you do not own and have no relationship with, and the product relates to your post, and you’re putting it there just because it’s an awesome product, we may dofollow it.
- We cannot currently pay for content. We may have a budget for that in the future or, on some occasions may seek out paid content. But you acknowledge that you won’t receive compensation for your post from us unless we’ve made specific arrangements in advance.
- Unless you have paid us for a sponsored post, we will likely show ads in and alongside our post. As we use an ad network, we do not control what those ads may be.
- Can you republish content? You may add a post here that’s been published elsewhere, IF you own it and if you include the link to the original source with your post so we can credit your page as canonical.