Saturday, February 27, 2021
0,00 USD

No products in the cart.

FAQs and Forums

Home » Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

I tried cutting an LP with my Cricut Maker (and here's what happened).

Cheryl
Admin
Topic starter
wpf-cross-image

Can you cut a vinyl record with the Cricut Maker? So far, my answer's been "no."

2 Replies
Cheryl
Admin
Topic starter

I'm just testing the comments here as they don't currently appear to be loading.

Cheryl
Admin
Topic starter

Somehow I lost a few comments on this post when I did a database cleanup. Yes, I backed up but didn't see any problems and went on to make more changes until I realized a few comments were missing. If these were yours, I'm sorry.

But, anyway...one person suggested that perhaps after the initial cut heating the record (the suggestion was with a hairdryer, but I wonder if a heat gun would work if you were careful not to warp it too much) and then cutting the rest of the way through will work. Another person pointed out that you can cut through records if you heat them first. I haven't tried this but will post when I do!

I haven't got back to my record decor project yet. I plan to in February. I'm also going to be trying to cut some flexi-discs -- which I'm sure will work. I'll post the results when I get there!

Share:
Share via
Liked it? Follow us on social media!
Thanks for sharing!
If you found this post worth sharing, consider following us on social media (if you don't already).
And if you have something you would like to share, consider submitting a post. Find out more here.
Send this to a friend